I don't know about you, but it has been a long week for us--complete with a sick baby! Thankfully she is better and we are quickly approaching the weekend! I am so looking forward to a weekend that isn't quite a busy as the last few. We are going to a local corn maze this evening with some friends and tomorrow holds nothing other than watching the Herd play ball at 3:15. We might hit up a local fall festival in town, but that's it. N O P L A N S! I don't really know what to do with myself :)
Today I'm wrapping up another week at school with spelling tests and math games. I'm loving teaching right now, but it is exhausting. Definitely ready for the little break this weekend holds.
So without further ado, let's start the weekend off right with (drum roll please)
1. My first memory is hard to determine. I have many from videos that I have seen so it is hard to distinguish which ones are truly memories and which ones I know about from videos. One of my first memories (if you can call it that) is remembering the hall closet at our old house--its where Mom kept the orange Triaminic. I also remember helping pack little glass objects in newspaper when we were getting ready to move--I was 4 .
2. My first love was the hubs. HONESTLY! I had other boyfriends, but I never wanted to take them to church because I didn't want Hubs to know any other boy existed...even though he didn't know I existed. One day I will have to do a series and share all the lovely details, but basically we met when I was 13 and I prayed for 5 years that he would be my husband--an now he is!
3. My very first favorite color was green, I'm guessing. For as long as I can remember my favorite colors has been green--probably because I was raised a Marshall Fan--just can't get away from the green.
4. The first time I really felt like a "grown-up" was when I traveled by myself for the first time to visit the hubs in Chi-town when we were just dating. Took a flight all by myself to the romantic city of Chicago and met my man--definitely felt like I was more than 18 :)
5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is turn off the alarm--not always the smartest move.
6. The first CD (cassette tape, record, etc...) I ever bought was (other than Patch the Pirate or some children's songs) SPICE GIRL--Oh yeah! I got the cassette tape for my birthday one year. Obviously it was memorable.