Monday, May 9, 2011

31 Days to Clean

You may have noticed the new button over on the right side bar of this page--the one with the lady in the pink dress.

I just downloaded this e-book and read the first day's reading and I am loving it! I already purchased the book Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider and am in love with it as well!

I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS feel much better when my home is clean. It seems to bring so much peace and that is what I love about it! BUT I tend to have a hard time really keeping it clean. The other tasks in life (like taking care of my husband, raising a baby, and just doing things I enjoy) sometimes take the place of the time I have set aside for cleaning...or I just get lazy (I'm just being honest here...and if you were too you'd have to admit that you do get lazy every once in a while...or maybe like me--more often than that)!

Recognizing the purpose of cleaning and lining that up with my family's purpose statement has been a huge help in keeping me motivated!

"I do it all for the sake of the gospel..." 1 Corinthians 9:23

That, is the purpose statement for our family. If we are doing anything it needs to be to further the kingdom and to live out the gospel of Christ. It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but that is our goal! How does this pertain to keeping a well maintained home? We believe that a home filled with peace rather than chaos exemplifies the gospel to all who walk through our door. We pray that our home is a refuge of peace from the chaos of this world. We also know that when our home is well kept it is much easier to find things we need (thus keeping peace) and less work when we want to invite people into our home. If we keep it cleaned and organized, we can better minister to others by having them into our home and not worrying about what it looks like or wondering if the bathroom is clean!

Living simply is what we are working toward...it is difficult in this culture that tells you "more is better" when really stuff entangles and traps you (at least that is how I feel).

I encourage you to take a look at both of the books I mentioned...hopefully they will be of help to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...