Saturday, January 15, 2011

eight weeks

8 weeks!

That is all the time there is until Baby Ervin's due date (which we are hoping he/she doesn't decide to stay in there any longer than that)!

When I think about it, I feel a little (ok so A LOT) unprepared!

Tomorrow we are doing a private in-home birth class which we are super excited about! There will probably be a post this coming week to follow up on the class! We are so thankful for great friends who are blessing us with this class as a gift for us and Baby Ervin!

Today, I kind of got into one of those crafty moods and began a little project! I think I have mentioned on here that I am really wanting to do cloth diapering. I know, it may sound crazy to some of you, but that is what Mike and I feel would be best for our little one and our family as a whole. The initial cost of cloth is not cheap though. Many people also like to do cloth wipes, since they are a bit more economical and eco-friendly. I didn't want to purchase cloth wipes, so I found a website that gave a super simple pattern for making your own! I got on it today and I am so excited about them!

Let me tell you, I think they will definitely be cost effective! I got the fabric (flannel is recommended) as a remnant and only paid $1.87 for enough fabric to make 15 wipes! The lady who posted the pattern said that typically about 24 is a good number to have, but 15 is a good start for me! Planning to make the "wipe solution" that she posted as well which wets the wipes and makes cleaning baby's bum a breeze!

I'll definitely try to keep you updated on how all this cloth diapering works for me. I've heard tons of different opinions on the topic, and from what I know (which is very little at this point) it seems that cloth is definitely for some people and definitely NOT for others! We'll see how it goes for us!

I also bought the fabric to make the window treatment for Baby E's room! I didn't get around to actually making it today, but hopefully this week I will have the time!

I'm planning to post pictures of all of these things later, so check back in a few days when I've had time to finish my sewing, photograph it, and post the photos!

8 weeks...and counting

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I loved using cloth diapers, it was very simple and that is what most people did when your mom and Jon were babies. You will do great with it. ♥ Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm sure you have learned, cloth diapers of today are NOTHING like cloth diapers of previous generations! I can connect you with local cloth diaper mommas who can show you all your options, if you are interested. Every mom I know who has cloth diapered LOVES cloth. They become cloth evangelists of sorts, not just doing it because it's economical but because it's fun, soft, and feels great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...