Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Surviving Storms

Despite all the worry about Frankenstorm, our area was told over and over that we would experience some wind gusts and a lot of rain. Some snow might fall, but the ground was too warm for any accumulation, so there was no need to worry. 

Imagine my surprise when I woke up to this on Tuesday morning!


Yep, SNOW! Lots of it! I think we actually accumulated somewhere between 5 and 8 inches. These weather men, do they really know what they are doing? I mean seriously. I could get on the news every evening and guess what the weather is going to be. More than half of the time they are wrong--as in this case. It was good thing I had gone grocery shopping on Monday evening or else all we would have had was nutella, butter, and a half-rotten banana. 
School was cancelled for me and the Hubs' office was closed! So, we hunkered down for a day inside--then the power went out. Honestly, I couldn't have cared less! I loved spending the day disconnected with my family. We have a fire place and gas stove, so we kept warm and didn't go hungry. It was a wonderful day.

Now, who wouldn't love having this cozy view for the majority of the day? 
See what I mean--it was amazing! 
PS--the power came back on that evening

I got another surprise, or as I like to call it "hug from Father, God" this morning when school was cancelled again due to power outages! Another day at home with my girl! It was lovely. We went to lunch with a friend, got a latte, and went shopping. 

I do pray for the ones who are still without power and even more for the ones up north whose homes have been destroyed. And I thank God for his multiple blessings on my family over the last few days. We have seen him bless and give gifts that were totally unexpected and undeserved--but totally LOVED and WELCOMED! 

We survived this week's storms...more than survived. We thrived through these storms with blessings from our Heavenly Father. 

May His blessings fall on you this Reformation Day evening! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...