Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3 years...and counting

3 years
36 months
156.532 weeks
1095.73 days
26297.4 hours

Has it really been that long since I first laid eyes on you? Since the day I became "momma"? Since those first minutes cuddling you and awing of your tiny frame? 



How is it that time is so fleeting, yet the days tend to drag on in the slow tick of mundane and routine?

Little Ladybug, Momma loves you! 
Papa and I are so blessed by the gift of your life. 
You are one special little girl...precious to us and to the One who made you. 

The last three years have brought many up's and down's, many changes, many "firsts". I'd like to say that I've loved every second, but I wouldn't be truthful. Truth is, being a momma isn't all Pinterest would have you believe it is. It's a lot of hard work, but work that I am more than willing to do. 

I love that I am able to spend each day with you! God has been so gracious in allowing me to be with you each day, watch you grow and learn, play with you, laugh with you, dance with you, and just be with you. 

I'll say it a hundred times, but I just don't know where the last 3 years have gone! 
Its a rush...this living of life. A rush that is invigorating with you by my side. 

You, Little E, are one amazing girl. Your imagination is wayyy bigger than your little body and you come up with the funniest things! I promise that I will take you to Taco Bell sometime before you turn 4, because even though I don't understand why, you are dying to go there...and you think its a fancy place! So, I'll show you just how fancy Taco Bell is! 
I love watching you change and watching your personality develop. You are so much fun! 









G-man is so blessed to have you as his amazing, loving BIG Sister!




Your strong will and independence can be hard for me to handle at times, but I'm praying God will use those wonderful character traits in ways that will blow our minds and bring His name much glory. 

May the words of the psalmist be true of you: 

"But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. 
I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill. 
I lay down and slept: I woke again, for the LORD sustained me."
"Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people!"
Psalm 3:3-5, 8

May God grow you this year (and in the many to come) to be a young woman who finds her rest and peace in God, who is sustained by Him, and who knows that salvation comes through Him alone. 

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!







Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Little E! I miss your whole beautiful family!
    - Kewwi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...