We aren't as spontaneous as some of you people, but on Monday we made the decision to take a little trip this weekend. Just one night away since we haven't really been away since a visit to my sister's back in October! So this morning we are off!
I absolutely adore road trips! Don't get me wrong, flying is great too (especially for those long distances...like visit Papa Call in Florida) but I've always enjoyed road trips with the hubs. When we were dating we drove from Chicago to Little Rock, making a pit stop in Memphis, then drove from Little Rock to Charleston! Whew! Talk about a trip. We were in the car for hours and I'm pretty sure that's how we fell in love...so bring on the road trip!
Some of my favorites about road trips are...
1. Being unplugged (neither of us have Smartphones) from the internet for hours at a time.
2. Talking...about everything!
3. Coffee stops! We don't have a drive-thru Starbucks here (I know...horrific!) so we when get to make a pit stop for coffee it just seems like a big deal.
4. Jammin'...we LOVE music and listen to it basically the whole trip
5. Sleep! I typically don't drive much so I get a little extra sleep on road trips usually...and this Mama definitely needs some extra zz's every once in a while!
6. Sudoku--I can actually do more than one puzzle without feeling guilty--like I should be doing something else!
Those are just a few reasons!
I should actually be finishing packing, but decided to spare a few minutes for you, my lovely readers.
What are your favorite things about road trips?? Comment and let me know! I'd love to hear!