Friday, January 27, 2012

house tour--the loo

In a teeny-tiny house, you are going to have a teeny-tinier bathroom! 
I believe the word "water closet" best describes ours, since it is roughly the size of some people's closets!

To be completely honest, this is one of my two least favorite rooms in our apartment.
Mainly because the floor always looks dirty no matter how often or hard you clean it,
and
because the walls are not plaster or drywall. They are this strange material that is slick and hard to paint. 
This combination is not good for decorating purposes, but we do what we can with what we've been given! 

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, our water closet....


 Lovely basket on the back of the toilet for keeping our my stuff organized. 
There isn't much storage space under the sink so we had to be creative. 

 Ok, you can see the wall here. It did have contact paper on it (that had all these ugly palm trees on it). Needless to say, that was the first thing to go. I peeled it off the day we moved in I think. 
Can you see what I mean? The wall is just strange!
 This is what you see when the door is closed.
Forgive me, but we hang our jammies on the back of the door, along with our towels :)

I love the shelves though. They help make up for the lack of storage under the sink!

This mirror is really great for checking out your outfit before walking out of the house! It isn't full length, but beggars can't be choosers!


Lest you think I am complaining,  let me say this,
"I am so thankful for the home God has given us!"

When we were in Uganda, all I wanted was a home with a kitchen where I could cook for my husby, and a bathroom inside the house. I have that! Honestly, we have more than most of the population in the world! 

We just filed our taxes the other day (praise God for tax returns!!), and honestly I was shocked. 
When I looked at the W-2 form that Mike had gotten from Starbucks and what he has gotten from his new job in just 2 months, I was astonished that we actually survived the year without going into debt up to our eyeballs! The only explanation that I can come up with is that somehow, someway (that is completely unseen to me even now) God provided.
He has been so faithful to us this past year. Why, after seeing his provision time and time again, do I continually doubt? I really need to be more thankful for what he has given, and how he is providing. 

This morning I woke up to a crying baby at 12:30 and again at 6. 
(Many of you think that would be wonderful...but Little E is an awesome sleeper and that is completely NOT typical...this momma has gotten used to sleeping all night). At 6 I had an opportunity before me. I could either complain that she was already up and I hadn't had a chance to do my morning routine, or I could accept the grace gift that God gave me.

As I sat there, nursing my teething baby (who woke up because her little mouth was hurting) I recognized that even this was gift of God's grace. I began thanking him, out loud. 
"Thank you, God, for a baby who woke up" (because sometimes babies tragically don't wake up).
"Thank you for the ability and blessing to nurse my baby for 10+ months"
"Thank you for the little fingers that are holding mine as she nurses and sleeps"

When I was finished and she went back to sleep, something different happened...

I felt full.
Filled with joy. Filled with thankfulness. 
Filled by HIM.

So, let me disspell any thoughts that my words about our apartment and our bathroom are ungratefulness. I love this apartment, and I love our bathroom. :) No, it isn't my favorite room in the house, but it is INSIDE! And it is grace...

It is all grace!

May your weekend be filled with the knowledge that every moment is a grace gift from the Father.
Blessings,



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...