Tuesday, January 31, 2012

welcome the love

Ready or not February is HERE!

And with this month comes the great holiday
Valentine's Day!
(and Ground Hog's day...which I'm also excited about, 
but who decorates for GH day?)

I got the crafting bug this evening and started working on some of my Valentine's Day decorations.
Let me just say that this is the very first time I have ever decorated for Valentine's Day
(aside from decorating a shoe box in elementary school). 

I got the idea for the banner from Pinterest and the jars from The Pleated Poppy





I really love how the jars turned out and I added this cute polka dot ribbon that I never use and I had in my hair accessories box.

The banner is made from copies of hymns...I found some 
of the ones that are about Christ's love for us and copied them. 
The best thing about Valentine's Day is not chocolate (although that is important), but it is the fact that we can only love because God first loved us! 

Without Christ we know nothing of true love. I wanted to
be reminded of that throughout this season of sending love and surprises to friends and family. May I also add that if you are one of those who wears black in protest of Valentine's Day or are simply sad because of your lack of "significant other" on February 14th, please don't be. The real celebration isn't earthly love. The true celebration is that Christ loved us--the only reason we can celebrate love.
So take time to enjoy February 14th...and indulge in some chocolate because it is a gift from God too! :)


I'm very happy with how it turned out, and really it only took like 40 minutes (and that includes stopping for a few minutes to nurse a sleepy baby). 

For this post, I'm joining a linky party! Hooray! 
findsomelove

So head on over there and check out what everyone is posting! Its all about Valentine's day--recipes, crafts, DIY, outfits, etc. Join in the fun! :) 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I love the heart garland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the banner! And the old hymns are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! I love the sheet music idea!!! :) Going to be doing this too!! My list just keeps growing and growing!! Thanks for linking up with us at the Find Some Love Fest!!

    All The Love In The Universe
    Digger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful banner and jars! We had so much fun with the Find Some Love Fest! So happy to connect with other amazing bloggers.
    We are following you and we'd love for you to visit our blog.
    Have a great day!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This idea is darling!!! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...