Friday, January 20, 2012

Insta Friday {photo fun}


life rearranged
Today is FRIDAY! 
Linking up with liferearranged again this week! 
Honestly, this has been a crazy week, with school starting and my dad visited last weekend 
which also kept us pretty busy! Only a few pictures from my phone this week!


Last week E and I met my sister for lunch halfway between her place and mine (about an hour drive).
Aunt B brought Little E a mini-pillow pet...Jolly Jr ( I think I mentioned this last week). 
Here she is all snuggled up with Jolly during nap time...so sweet.

I received these super cute rain boots as a Christmas gift from my other sister. 
It has been surprisingly rainy ever since---yay! 

I must admit that walking all the way across campus in a downpour can actually be fun...yes, I said FUN
when you're wearing the right stuff. I found my self thinking "OH, there's a puddle I can walk through".
Haha! Sounds silly, but with my boots and umbrella, I enjoyed the 10 minute walk in the rain :)


I've heard it said 100+ times, but it really is the simple things in life.
We're on a pretty strict cash budget now (a New Year's goal) so when I saw these flowers at 
the grocery store, I didn't think I could "splurge" on them. 
I had just enough cash for my groceries, but decided to get these anyway (I could space 99cents right?).
When the total came up, I had 25cents more than the total of the groceries + the flowers! Yeah! 
It was PERFECT, and they really bring a special dose of cheer to our house on these gloomy, rainy, cold days. 

This weekend is looking like a pretty busy, but fun one! 
Mike is working a little voluntary overtime and I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow morning. 
Sunday is church and vegetable soup day! 
I'm looking forward to a relaxing time with my family in the midst of our other activities. 

Happy Weekending!



Photobucket



5 comments:

  1. Love the boots and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so neat! I know all about having to pinch and stretch pennies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gumboots, I would go and walk through puddles too, if I had those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing brightens my day quite like fresh flowers! Those rainboots are super cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy you had enough money in the budget to splurge on flowers. Flowers bring me so much joy and they look great in FiestaWare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...