Tuesday, October 15, 2013

In my shoes--day 17

Wow! What a long, busy, wonderful day! 

Want to know what the prayer was that God answered for me yesterday? 
Well, I'll tell you because it played into today. 
I have been praying for a Bible/book study to attend that would be during the day and where childcare was provided. I am ok with attending studies in the evening, but that is really the time I like to spend with the Hubs when he is home, so something during the week while he is at work would be ideal. I've been praying about this for a few weeks now, and a friend of mine invited me to a study at her sister-in-law's church! And, to make things better, they are going through Give them Grace a book that I have started reading but never finished. Wow! Thank you, Father! 
So, we loaded up and made the 20 minute commute for this study this morning. Little E had a blast in her "class" (her words) playing with the other children and making some fun crafts. 
I enjoyed myself as well, and am looking forward to the next several weeks as we meet together as mothers, learn together, and encourage one another. 

After the study, we headed out the road to my mother-in-law's house. She kept the kiddies for about an hour while I took a walk with my cousin/friend/confidant/mentor. It was a gorgeous day for a walk and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with LB, being strengthened by her encouraging words.

When we finally headed home it was past nap time and Little E fell asleep on the way home. She woke up to have lunch when we got home and then went back to sleep. Baby G-man also had lunch and went to sleep which left me to relax a little. I actually managed to get a good nap in and everyone woke up just minutes before the Hubs got home from work. It was perfect timing! 

We enjoyed our evening by taking a nice, long family walk, having dinner, helping my mom move a dryer, and having an ice cream snack while watching our Tuesday night show--NCIS. (I know, we're dorks). 

After such a difficult day yesterday, today was refreshing. Isn't it wonderful how God works like that? Giving encouragement and refreshment right when we need it most. While I didn't get much work done at the house today, I had a great day working with others and on relationships. I'm very thankful for the day God gave me today. 

Praying for a wonderful night of sleep as well! :) 

Blessings, readers!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...