Sunday, October 27, 2013

In my shoes -day 29

We are getting ready to pack up and head home this morning, but I wanted to recap yesterday first.

I woke up yesterday morning way later than anticipated. G was up early to nurse, but after that I went back to sleep until almost 8:00! E was already awake and having breakfast when I got downstairs. 

The town was having a little fall festival so we went to that for a bit. The kiddies (my sister's girls and E) decorated a pumpkin, got their faces painted, rode a pony, looked at fire trucks and other big trucks, and bounced in the bounce house. They also got to pet some animals, and the goat got ahold of E's scarf. Thanks to Grandpa Matt for not allowing the goat to eat the scarf and Little E! Funny thing is, she didn't want to wear the scarf because she said the donkey (aka pony) would eat it! Prophetess? Possibly. ;)

At home, the preparations for the birthday party began. Bot of my nieces have birthdays in October and since family lives out of town, they have a "family party" one weekend to celebrate both birthdays. It's fun and chaotic at the same time. Lots of people, lots of food, and loads of presents. E was super excited to see her Aunt B (my younger sister)! We had a lot of fun at the party. E was so sleepy that halfway through the party, she wanted me to take her to bed. I did and she crashed! 

My little Baby G decided its be a good day to roll over for the first time. I'm not sure if it was real or a fluke, but he went from his back to his tummy. Isn't it typically the reverse first? Either way...it was exciting. He just seems so big now when he holds his head so high during tummy time. I got the cutest picture of him yesterday and I will post it this week. 

We were wiped out, so once everyone left we just hung out and watched football the rest of the evening. My oldest niece taught me how to make bracelets using the Rainbow Loom. Apparently they are all the rage here but I have never seen them. Good ol' WV...always last to get the new trends. 

 The kiddies went to sleep pretty easily except for a fit G threw around midnight. Gripe water and some bouncing helped him out so I assume he was a little gassy. 

So, home we go! It was a fun weekend but we are all worn out. Here's to hoping E sleeps most of the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...