Monday, October 28, 2013

In my shoes -day 30

Sunday-- travel day!

We woke up early and left my sister's home around 7:00 yesterday morning. With a 6 hour drive ahead of us, we wanted an early start. We stopped by Dunkin' Donuts on the way out of town because we love it and do not have one anywhere near us. Then we got on the road and attempted to go for a while before stopping. We had to make a couple potty stops for E sooner than we wanted, but they were quick. We stopped for lunch about 2 hours from home and made it home around 3:00. 

My mom came over with a roast, sweet potatoes, green beans, and brownies for our dinner. It was really nice to not have to cook after a day of traveling. 

Each year our church celebrate's Reformation Sunday by watching the movie Luther on Reformation Sunday evening. The children are encouraged to dress as a reformer and snacks are provided. It is always a fun time, but we weren't sure we'd get to go this year because of being gone all weekend. We felt up to it though, so we went. But not before we got the kiddies in costume. See, if you dress up, you get $5 gift card to the church boom store. I know that is the only reason Hubs took time to dress the kiddies up ;)

E was Lady Jane Grey and G was Martin Luther. E wore her Cinderella dress so that was simple. G on the other hand required some quick thinking and sewing. I managed to find a small peice of solid brown fabric in my sewing stuff. I sewed the ends together for a simple triangular hood, cut the hood off and sewed it to the rest of the fabric width wise so there was plenty to wrap around him, and tied a belt out of twine that Mom had. It turned out really cute. I wanted so badly to use eye liner and draw hair like Luther has in the movie (if you don't know what I am talking about, look it up) because I thought it'd be hilarious and oh-so-fun but I ran out of time. He was still the cutest little monk I have ever seen. 

Once we got the kiddies in bed, I read another chapter of Catching Fire to Mike. We started reading it aloud in the car on Friday and are over halfway through it. Honestly, I am so over the Hunger Games part of it and totally wish she didn't have to go back into the arena! I mean, come on! My nerves were shot after the first one. I'm just not sure I can handle it again! 

We said good night after just one chapter, and for that I am thankful. G had a hard night...growth spurt maybe? He was up twice and that is not normal! Praying today goes smoothly as I try to catch up on things and prep for a fun week ahead of Halloween festivities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...